Updated: Dec 20, 2019
1 C Coconut flour
1 C Almond meal
½ C Psyllium husks
½ C oat bran
1 C oats or muesli
½ C desiccated coconut
½ C sunflower seeds
1 tsp salt
1tsp Bicarb/baking soda
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tsp Apple cider vinegar
400ml buttermilk/ yoghurt/ coconut milk
Heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
1. Mix the above ingredients together with butter. Method is called rubbing in, but it can be achieved with a mixer or even a food processor.
2. Add milk/ yoghurt option, egg and vinegar.
7. Mix well
8. Once the mixture comes together, spread it out on a baking tray about 2cm thick. Make sure you line them with baking paper. Smooth out the surface with a knife.
9. Bake for 15 minutes then you need to flip them onto the otherside. Use either a second baking tray or a chopping board to help flip them without breaking them apart.
10. Bake for another 15 minutes.
11. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
12. Cut into desired rectangular pieces
13. Lay out on a baking sheet and place in the oven over night between 50-70 degrees.
14. If you leave to dry out overnight, do so at 50 degrees.